The Registered Nurses’ Union Newfoundland & Labrador (RNU) is seeking applications to fill a new position: Digital Communications Coordinator.
The successful candidate will collaborate with our Communications Specialist and Executive Team to support internal and external communications.
We are looking for a communications professional who has a knack for social media and some technical skills. This position will help RNU connect with members and communicate in an increasingly digital world.
- Support the Communications Specialist in achieving strategic objectives.
- Support the development and implementation of RNU’s social media strategy.
- Plan and create content, including text, graphics, and videos.
- Maintain RNU’s website, app, social media channels, and email platform.
- Support volunteer leaders at the branch level to adopt and utilize digital tools to improve member engagement.
- Draft communications materials, including member emails, newsletter articles, news releases and speaking notes. Assist in the development of the annual report and newsletter.
- Assist with in-person and virtual events, such as the biennial convention, education sessions, and member meetings.
- Monitor media, social media and RNU’s members’-only discussion forum.
- Use analytics to monitor and evaluate the performance of the union’s website and social media channels.
The ideal candidate will have post-secondary degree or diploma in Public Relations, Communications, Digital or Multi-Media or related field of study combined with three years relevant experience. Strong written and oral communications skills, including proficiency for writing online. Experience and knowledge of digital communication platforms, tools and technologies, graphic design and video production, including but not limited to: MS Office, WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, Cisco Webex, and Google Analytics. . Experience with the communications needs of a membership based organization considered an asset
This is a bargaining unit position with an annual starting salary of $60,000. A review of the position will occur after one year with the intention to make it permanent.
Please forward resume and references on or before February 19, 2021 to:
Marina Owens, Manager of Business Services
Registered Nurses’ Union
firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Digital Comm Position)
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.