The Registered Nurses’ Union Newfoundland & Labrador (RNU) is the official trade union for registered nurses. We represent approximately 5,500 members in forming a strong, unified voice for registered nurses working in Newfoundland and Labrador. RNU works to ensure fair working conditions for registered nurses and advocates for the delivery of high quality health care.
A recognized leader in the labour field, RNU offers a flexible work environment. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about gaining experience as a business manager.
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs program. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for the program. This job supports the national priority to hire a student who self identifies as being part of a group which is underrepresented or has additional barriers to the labour market.
Under the direction of our Manager of Business Services the successful candidate will assist with revision to internal office policies and a review of contracts with external vendors as outlined below.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, write and make recommendations for revisions to internal policies, including human resources and business technology use policies.
- Review and research current business technology supports and provide recommendations.
- Review vendor and service contracts and solicit for proposals.
- Minimum of two to three years in a Business or Commerce diploma or degree program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, be creative, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Experience researching and writing human resources and office policies.
SALARY: $15.00 per hour (32.5 hour work week)
START/END DATE: 8 weeks – between May 20, 2019 and September 1, 2019
APPLY: Please sent your resume to Marina Owens, Manager of Business Services, by email to email@example.com (subject line – Student Position)
Resumes accepted until May 15, 2019