Communications Specialist (Under Classification Review)
Registered Nurses’ Union Newfoundland & Labrador
229 Major’s Path, St. John’s, NL
Closing Date: April 4, 2023.
Starting Salary: $91,955 (Under Classification Review)
Benefits: In accordance with the NAPE Collective Agreement Local 7018
The Registered Nurses’ Union Newfoundland & Labrador (RNU) is the official trade union for 5,300 registered nurses (RNs) and nurse practitioners (NPs) in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Led and inspired by our members, RNU works to protect the rights of RNs and NPs, to ensure fair and equitable working conditions, and to advocate for the delivery of high quality, publicly funded health care.
RNU is seeking a dynamic communications professional to fill the position of Senior Communications Specialist. The successful candidate will report directly to the Executive Director and President.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for planning and implementing RNU’s communication strategy, encompassing both internal and external communications needs.
- Support and provide strategic advice to the leadership team.
- Lead and implement communication planning, government relations, media relations, issues management, stakeholder relations, and member relations.
- Manage and maintain the union’s brand, reputation, and identity.
- Execute RNU’s marketing strategy and work with external agencies to develop advocacy campaigns.
- Oversee the Digital Communications Coordinator and management of RNU social media channels, website, and app.
- Prepare speaking notes, news releases, presentations, annual reports, and newsletter articles.
- Develop and monitor the communications budget.
- Minimum five years of relevant communications experience
- Degree in public relations/communications or equivalent education.
- Experience in unionized and/or health care environments is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational and time management capabilities
- Works well independently and with a team.
- Highly motivated and adaptable with a demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced and challenging environments.
Work With Us
Please submit your resume and cover letter to David Hammond, Director of Corporate Services, at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.