The Registered Nurses’ Union Newfoundland & Labrador (RNUNL) is the official trade union for registered nurses and nurse practitioners in Newfoundland and Labrador. We represent over 5,300 members in forming a strong, unified voice for nurses working in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Under the direction of the President and Executive Director, the incumbent in this position is generally responsible to provide direct management for all unionized employees according to prescribed polices to enable the organization to achieve its strategic and performance measurement objectives.
- Monitor and determine appropriate allocation of resources, in conjunction with scheduled activities.
- Supervise employees and act as the lead role in team building, employee motivation, providing initial conflict resolution for employee disputes.
- Lead the selection and orientation process for new employees.
- Develop, manage, and maintain professional development and/or training plans for employees.
- Monitor the integrity of information systems and software performance, including member case files or other requirements.
- Participate in yearly budget planning and monitoring and attend Finance Committee meetings as requested.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions.
- Manage productivity and performance measurement objectives, including designing data collection programs and analyzing office-related objectives, providing input to the Executive team about results, including making recommendations for process changes.
- Develop and maintain office and management policy manuals.
- Oversee and develop OH & S policy, participate on the OHS committee, and identify training opportunities and OHS development activities.
- Negotiate, monitor, and manage supplier contracts for facilities related services, including technology provision.
- Completion of a university degree in business, arts, public administration, or a related field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Five to ten years’ experience in progressively responsible management positions in administration, business, public administration, not-for-profit sector, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Human Resource, Financial, Facilities and Technical operations management.
- Familiarity with strategic planning and performance measurement reporting methods.
- Required competencies include analytical thinking; good judgement skills; planning and organizational abilities; excellent communications skills, conflict resolution and team-building skills, strategic outlook; strong understanding of inter-related issues.
- Knowledge about the needs of a membership and volunteer driven organization would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Learn More & Apply
To learn more about this position and to apply, please click here.